Because we’re all lazy, in a rush, selfish, silly… Some of those may ring a bell. It’s ok to admit it fitties, nobody’s perfect! 😉
1. Skipping warmup, and/or stretching
Lifting heavy or making your heart pump is great but guess what will happen when you lose all mobility or get injured? That’s right, no more lifting.
2. Doing the same exercise/routine repeatedly because you like it/you wanna get good at it
You will become better at it, no doubt, because your body will adapt. That’s called exercise adaptation. But to get fit(ter) you need to go for new stuff all the time and therefore becoming comfortable being uncomfortable in new challenges (new exercises, routines, weights…). Not to mention how boring this might get!
3. Asking other people to take pictures of you, training
4. Taking aaaaaalllll your time in the shower
Is it really the best time and place to shave, scrub, get a hair mask? Just asking.
5. Taking more towels than you actually need
Do we really need to tell you about the environment again?
6. Having the feeling you deserve more food because you just trained
You know that adage about abs being made in the kitchen right? Hint: it doesn’t mean you must do crunches on your kitchen’s floor…
7. Not going if you don’t have time for a “proper” (long) session
35 minutes, if you know what to do and you challenge yourself properly are totally enough… and much better than nothing “because you didn’t have enough time”.
8. Being a prisoner of your own gym habits
You’re used to training with your music, sipping on your BCAA… Forget your water bottle or your earphones and game over. A little bit of work on those adaptation skills maybe?…
Do you have other bad gym habits?…